Funded by International Visegrad Fund
(International Visegrad Fund)
Project title: Carpathian Mountain Rescue Cooperation Platform
Project Leader: NGO Mountains Guides Association "Rovin", Lviv Ukraine
- 1. Mountain rescue centre (Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine) https://www.facebook.com/mountain.resque
- 2. Mountain Volunteer Search and Rescue - Krynica Group (Poland) (Górskie Ochotnicze Pogotowie Ratunkowe - Grupa Krynicka)
- Mountain Rescue Service Pieniny National Park (Slovakia)
(Horská služba Pieninského národného parku)
- 4. Mountain Rescue Service (Jizerske Mountains) (Czech Republic)
Horská služba ČR o.p.s. (Jizerske hory)
Main project objective is creation of cooperation platform, enhancement of communication between non-governmental mountain search-rescue teams and tourist guides of Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv region (Ukraine), Presovsky krai (Slovakia), Malopolskie and Podkarpackie voivodeships (Poland), Jizerske Mountains (Czech Republic).
Ukrainian mountain search-rescue service is under reformation. The activities of similar services in European countries demonstrate their effectiveness with the involvement of public rescuers in rescue operations. This experience can be useful and an alternative way of the mountain search and rescue service functioning in Ukraine. Cooperation with colleagues from Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine and the Czech Republic will help to unify the standards of activity of mountain rescuers in the Carpathian region and to establish cooperation between them to ensure the transfer of good practices based on the EU experience.
Project provides creationof platform for sustainable dialogue and efficient cooperation between tourist guides and mountain rescuers, working in transboundary mountain region of Slovakia, Ukraine, Poland and Czech Republik for information and experience exchange, transmission of standards and best practices in rescue and search activities in mountains/caves/rivers. Common trainings will allow working out joint actions in emergency events: avalanches, mountain flooding, etc.; establish mechanisms for information exchange (accidents prevention, response, assistance). Collected and distributed among tourists, mountains guides information on search-rescue points, first aid stations, tourist shelters in mountainous regions of Ukraine, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic would be useful for thousands of tourists traveling in the Carpathian Mountains.
The project envisages realization of the following activities:
1) Holding the international conference on tourists safety in the Carpathian region for establishment of close cooperation between people and organizations working in the field of rescue in the mountains, providing tourist escort in mountainous areas and the tourism development in the whole on EU borders, creating a solid platform for cooperation, dialogue and exchange, as at present, and for the long term.
It is realized on March, 17, 2018 in Lviv, Ukraine
We share mountain rescue experience and good practices in Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
We build plans for common activities.
We discuss problems and challenges.
We invite to join our cooperation platform
More information is on the page ofproject in a facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Project-Carpathian-Mountain-Rescue-Cooperation-Platform-139478080189355/?ref=bookmarks
2) Edition of handbook for guides and tourists with contacts of search-rescue points, first aid stations, mountains shelters in cross-border mountains regions: Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk (Ukraine), Malopolskie and Podkarpackie voivodeships (Poland), Presov (Slovakia), Jizerské mountains (Czech Republic).
3) Number of joint trainings for rescuers and mountain guides in Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Ukraine. The educational and training sessions within the project will ensure the improvement of state and non-governmental rescue staff qualifications and development of the ability to participate effectively in joint responses to incurred risks in Carpathian region.
On 27 March 2018 “Carpathian Mountain Rescue Cooperation Platform” project team have announced the call for candidates to participate in “Trainings for rescuers and mountain guides” to be held in Ukraine, Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Note! All forms received after the deadline will not be considered. The decision of the selection committee on the participation of candidate in trainings will be announced no later than 07 May 2018.
Schedule of trainings:
May 14-18, 2018 - Krynica-Zdrój (Poland)
July 04-08, 2018 - Spišska Stará Ves (Slovakia)
05-09 September 2018 - Bedřichov (Czech Republic)
16-20 December, 2018 - Vorokhta (Ukraine)
18 participants will form the main list and 6 candidates will form the reserve list of candidates to participate in the training program by the decision of the selection committee.
The project partners are convinced that the implementation of the planned activities will undoubtedly confirm the positive image of the Carpathian region Ukraine-Poland-Slovakia-Czech Republic as stable and safe for residents and tourists.
Project starts on 01 March 2018.
Implementation period - 12 months.